- posted by Jennifer
- I just love fall weddings. Last month Kelly and I started at The Westin Sacramento, photographing Mylene and Victor's wedding day. While Mylene was getting the final touches of hair and make-up by All Dolled Up, we took photos of her beautiful dress. Accents by Sage created some beautiful bouquets that we used in our dress photos too.
We worked we some fabulous vendors again!
- Mylene got dressed with the help of her girls, while her mom smiled so big as she watched her daughter become a bride.
- Her mom helped with her earrings, but what I really love about what we do, isn't the earrings themselves, is the looks between mom and daughter.
- As we left the Westin, we hogged the elevator and kicked everyone out so we could get just a girls photo.
- We met Victor at the church and took a few quickie photos outside before all the guests arrived.
- Both Mylene and Victor had their parents walk them down the aisle. I love how important their family is to each of them.
- The red box contained the rings. I never thought about how holding something, like the girls with flowers, might actually help reduce nerves but maybe we should think about letting the guys carry something? :-)
- The veil and cord ceremony was part of the traditions during the ceremony.
- One of my favorite photos during the ceremony was the exchange of rings through Mylene's veil.
- WOOHOO! Mr. and Mrs. Victor Wu are pronounced.
- We took some quick formal photos in the church before we had to leave. This was the first time I had photographed at Good Shepherd Catholic Church and I just love this church and it's light. It's a photographers friend.
- We often ask you to do something (like put your arms around each other) and while you may think we are capturing the above face on photo, we are really wanting to capture something else....in this case your hands that you've placed around each other.
- At the halfway point in this wedding, Kelly and I had Isabel join us so that we could have some fresh eyes (and arms) for our 12 hour day. This fun photo Isabel caught as the crew had loaded into the limo and Mylene was the last one in.
- I had scouted around Elk Grove parks the week before until I found the one I wanted. Perfect fall colors!
- Sometimes the most random of moments become some of my favorite photos, like this next one.
- Yes, while the veil blowing may have been staged (cause whose veil ever blows this perfectly?!) it's still one of my favorites too.
- Mylene's smile in this next series is magazine ad quality. I am in LOVE with this series.
- We loaded up to leave and Victor swooshed Mylene up into his arms! Her own private chariot.
- Back at the reception venue, Asian Pearl, we took a few photos while we waited for the couples grand entrance. This is the best cake topper ever! It included their dog Bella! Ettore's European Bakery put together this creation.
- Poor Mylene and Victor had the glasses chiming all night long from their guests (and you know what that means??? KISS KISS) This was the cutest moment when they wanted a private kiss. :-)
Sound Image Entertainment provided the evening with music and great lighting. And fun dancing! Be sure to click the next photo to start the slideshow. Enjoy! (there is music so be sure to turn your volume up, or down, as needed.)